Country Profile: Brazil
- The oldest scorer at a World Cup is 42
- This Will Be The World Cup Ever With Goal-Line Technology
- It´s The 2nd Time Brazil Will host A World Cup
- Half of the Earth’s Population watched some of the 2014 World Cup
- Brazil is “the Most Expensive Team” in the 2014 World Cup
- FIFA accepts the use of a “Time-Out”. The high temperatures that occur in Brazil during the summer led to the adoption of this standard, which is practiced in other sports. To be eligible for the “Time Out” should give two conditions: 30 minutes each time has passed and the temperature exceeds 32 degrees Celsius.
The Results (June 12th)
- The first goal of the world cup was an auto goal. Defence player of Real Madrid, Marcelo scored against its own team giving a temporary advantage to Croatia.
Neymar gave Brazil a winning start to its home World Cup, scoring twice to lead the host nation to an unconvincing 3-1 victory over Croatia in the opening game on Thursday (CBSNewYork/AP)The penalty turned the game controversial awarded by Japanese referee Yuichi Nishimura at the 71st minute. Neymar scored and the Croatia’s coach said “If that was a penalty, we should be playing baseketball. That is shameful this is not a World Cup referee. He had one kind of criteria for them and another for us. The rules were not the same,” said Kovac.Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari said: “We think it was a penalty.”
- Did you know that the pants Pitbull weared at the inauguration have generated a lot of controversy?
Contact Cronos Group
Considering a purchase?
Download the World Cup 2014 PDF file by form of a wall chart. Print it out and enjoy the event.