Smartphones need protection today, good maintenance and good use. These are essential tasks we must take to avoid irreparable damage to our phone.
There are different ways where mobiles can be hacked by true professionals who are dedicated to stealing information to access personal information such as bank details. Hackers can infect your device remotely, by malware or via Wi-Fi networks that are not secure. This is especially true for operating systems such as Android. To prevent this from happening, you can perform various actions, but first you must learn to recognize when your phone has been hacked:
- If your device’s battery runs out quickly.
- If apps are opened automatically.
- If you get unexpected invoices charges.
And these are the actions to prevent and avoid future problems:
- Block your mobile with passwords, if they are numbers, avoid tapping the same ones that you use in your bank. For other passwords, you should use capital letters, numbers and a word that no one can decipher, the more complicated the better. Try to change these passwords from time to time.
- Never give anyone any of your passwords. You never know where this password can end up.
- Back Up! Remember to create backups. Transports your data to another device, computer, hard disk, Tablet, but always have a copy, so you will never lose information in case of theft or hacking your mobile phone.
- Use apps like FindMyIphone or alternatives for Android to protect your cell phone. These apps let you remotely locate and control your phone and even reset the entire device if this is necessary.
- Keep away from some public networks without security codes (those you don’t know), because they provide easy access to hackers. Be also careful when using your Bluetooth. Always select the invisible mode so that other users cannot detect you.
- Don’t click on links from unknown SMS. These links might be malware. Also avoid downloading Apps, via SMS, that can also introduce malware to your device.
Finally, update your software as often as you can, because it restores and corrects errors that have occurred on the device and prevents the mobile from new malware.