Interesting Facts of the Brazil World Cup
- The oldest scorer at a World Cup is 42
- This Will Be The World Cup Ever With Goal-Line Technology
- It´s The 2nd Time Brazil Will host A World Cup
- Half of the Earth’s Population watched some of the 2014 World Cup
- Brazil is “The Most Expensive Team” in the 2014 World Cup
- FIFA accepts the use of a “Time-Out“. The high temperatures that occur in Brazil during the summer led to the adoption of this standard, which is practiced in other sports. To be eligible for the “Time Out” should give two conditions: 30 minutes each time has passed and the temperature exceeds 32 degrees Celsius.
- Netherlands fits five goals to Spain.
- One of the worst debuts so far in the world cup, which in turn leaves the team in a difficult situation for classification. Spain stands alone as the champion who initiates worst the world cup, forcing them to win the following games.
- Hawk-Eye technology (Goal Decision System) debuts with the second goal scored by France National team (Benzema) against Honduras. There are still different views on this technology but the French fans celebrated the goal decision.
- The sexiest of the World Cup
Cristiano has a rival, it’s about a policeman and a 22 year old, which is responsible for the safety in the metro station, some feminine fans defined him as the sexiest policeman of the world.
- The first goal of the world cup was an auto goal.
Defence player of Real Madrid, Marcelo scored against its own team giving a temporary advantage to Croatia.
Neymar gave Brazil a winning start to its home World Cup, scoring twice to lead the host nation to an unconvincing 3-1 victory over Croatia in the opening game on Thursday (CBSNewYork/AP)The penalty turned the game controversial awarded by Japanese referee Yuichi Nishimura at the 71st minute. Neymar scored and the Croatia’s coach said “If that was a penalty, we should be playing baseketball. That is shameful this is not a World Cup referee. He had one kind of criteria for them and another for us. The rules were not the same,” said Kovac.Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari said: “We think it was a penalty.”
- Did you know that the pants Pitbull weared at the inauguration have generated a lot of controversy?
More from Referees: Wilmar Roldan’s decision causes controversy by disallowing two goals from Mexico (Giovanni Santos) in the match against Cameroon; while it was not clear that the Penalty given to Spain, indeed was a valid one.